Javelin is an advanced alloy for specialty needles that enables superior clinical outcomes.
- Up to 95% improvement in shape set resilience
- Column strength up to 30% higher
- Up to 35% harder material
- Superior physician control
- Accurate navigation to sample site
- Easier biopsy penetration
- Maintains needle efficacy during repeat deployment
Javelin™ has greater penetration ability and exhibits superior hardness over Stainless Steel. In tests, Javelin™ demonstrated up to 24% increased hardness over 304SS.
19G electro polished needles – Javelin™ and 304SS, with the same tip design were tested for penetration ability. Each needle was loaded in a mechanical tester and advanced under equal test parameters to penetrate a 3mm membrane – simulating in vivo use.
304 SS 19G needle
Javelin™ 19G needle
This test demonstrates that Javelin™ successfully penetrated the membrane while the Stainless Steel needle buckled and failed to penetrate the membrane.